Thursday, August 26, 2010

EOC Week 6: Make'em Laugh

Yes, I finally get to talk about the subject that I love the most of advertising: Comedy! A today I will use one of my favorite commercial of all time. Now will admit that even I have a soft spot for comic commercials, the reason I love this one is because it actually worked on me. This commercial that I first saw while going to the movies during my high school has made addicted to always try to purchase this darn product (by the soda is not that bad, I am just upset that is not more widely distributed on stores. As I said I really like this drink!)

The commercial is for the Vault Soda drink witch marketed their product to be one of the first combination of Soda and Energy drink. By personal experience I can tell you that it really works, but that is beside the point. In the commercial we see the typical couple relaxing on the beach, when the skinny boy friend decides to get a drink for both of them. Not long after he gets to the bar a more masculine and attractive man approaches the girl and try to show off by given her a pearl necklace.

For any guy this is mayor “No-Go” and definitely not for the boy friend. When all of a sudden that narrator start speaking as to motivate or instigate him to take action. The bartender then, forgetting completely of the drinks he just asked for, gives him the mighty Vault!

As soon as he drinks Vault he gets the straight and motivation to reclaim what is his. The skinny guy takes firm action by taking a boat to the middle of the ocean were device many things to obtain the so much desire prize: no one pearl….but WHOLE OCEAN OF PEARLS!!!!

This commercial is one of several commercial for Vault. And all of them have that comedy theme making the average Joe become incredibly productive and ingenious when it comes to achieve goal. Another thing that I love is the motivation and emphasis of the narrator or instigator as ever you wish to see him. But in any case, definitely one of my favorite ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment